Pre race safety briefing for 21k, 50k, 100k & 217k runners only and supporting crews. 4 pm Friday at MY MALL LIMASSOL. Entrance to stairs that takes you to our conference rooms is marked by the arrow. Entrance next to Zumita Juice bar on 1st floor. MyMall customer service information desk, next to Costa Coffee on the ground floor, can also direct you to our meeting. Please arrive early! MyMall is the biggest mall in Cyprus. It may take you a good 20 minutes to find us.
The following will help you to have a happy and safe event.
- By now you should have completed your race waiver and medical information forms. Need the password? Email now on firstname.lastname@example.org
- The entire 21km course is marked with red & white ribbons approximately ever 500m. There are also flags and arrows at multi path junctions. The course is very well marked, there should be zero chance of you getting lost if you pay attention to the hundreds of markers placed around the course. The entire route is also explained in every detail at the pre race safety briefing on Friday.
- 10k and 21k race bib number collection is race morning May 20th between 7:30 am and 8:30 am, location of start/finish line area, Vasa Kellakiou football field. You will need photo ID, passport or drivers license. If you arrive late, we will not wait.
- 50k, 100k and 217k race bib number collection is Friday meeting at MyMall Limassol 4 pm, also race morning May 20th between 7:30 am and 8:30 am, location of start/finish line area, Vasa Kellakiou football field. You will need photo ID, passport or drivers license. If you arrive late, we will not wait.
- Race starts 10 am, start finish line is Vasa Kellakiou village, just next to community football field.
- For your safety, we recommend a CamelBak or 750ml water bottle should be with you at all times, this is recommended for all races.
- A fully charged mobile phone should be with you at all times, this applies to ALL races. Charge points are freely available at base camp.
- Please do not arrive at the start without your water container full, we will not be giving out water bottles until after the race has started. There are 3 water taps at base camp that you can use freely to fill up your CamelBaks and 750ml or 500ml water bottles.
- There are two water stations for the 10k, one at approximately 2km and one more water station at 8km.
- 21k water stations, 5 in total roughly equally split over the 21km route.
- Ultra distance races, 3 x 24 hour manned aid stations. Base camp supplies cold water bottles from our large commercial fridge. WE DO NOT SUPPLY ICE - IF THIS IS SOMETHING YOU NEED - PLEASE BRING WITH YOU.
- WE DO NOT SUPPLY ELECTROLYTES OR SPORTS DRINKS. Please make sure you bring your own, a product that you have tried and tested.
- 10k and 21k aid stations - Bananas and water. Along with your own electrolytes and gels, this should be all you need to run/walk/crawl 10k and 21k. If not, you are not Cyprus Ultra ready!
- 50k, 100k, 217k race food. Day time - Bananas, Lays chips, various cookies and biscuits, whole oranges. Evening and night time, fresh quality pizzas with simple toppings of cheese, tomatoes and green peppers (not spicy peppers). Also freshly baked potatoes on open bonfire along with toast at base camp with a variety of spreads from peanut butter to jam etc. Selections of hot vegetable soups. Coke will be at all 3 x 24 hour aid stations.
- May 20th is of course officially a Spring race, no guarantees of having summer conditions. We're currently expecting 24C for Saturday and 26C for Sunday. Unbelievably there is even the chance of rain. We've never known such a mild May 20th ever. Just a week before it was 35C in the shade at Vasa! Although many of you were looking forward to a hot race (some of you were praying for a cool one too) stay positive, it just means you will all be getting fast race times.
- 50k, 100k and 217k runners - the nighttime temperatures in May are typically 15C to 18C, make sure you have suitable lightweight wind jackets and tights to keep you warm.
This NEW PAGE is being updated... Also check your race distance page, also Q&Q page and ensure that you attend the pre race safety talk at MyMall Limassol for 21k, 50k, 100k and 217k (limited space, no friends or family please). Talk starts 4 pm which will also be live streamed on our Twitter channel for anyone that cannot make it and also to cover questions about the 10k.
Still don't have the answer you need? Email us today, we always answer within a few hours 7 days per week.