The following will help you to have a happy and safe event.
- By now you should have completed your race waiver and medical information forms.
- 10k and 21k race bib number collection is race morning May 26th between 7:00 am and 8:00 am, location of start/finish line area, Vasa Kellakiou football field. You will need photo ID, passport or drivers license. If you arrive late, we will not wait.
- 10k, 21k, 50k and 107k race bib number collection is Friday meeting 4 pm, also race morning May 26th between 7:00 am and 8:00 am, location of start/finish line area, Vasa Kellakiou football field. You will need photo ID, passport or drivers license. If you arrive late, we will not wait.
- Race starts 10 am, start finish line is Vasa Kellakiou village, just next to community football field.
- For your safety, we recommend a CamelBak or 750ml water bottle should be with you at all times, this is recommended for all races including the 10k. After seeing each year the devastating effects on the environment that the 500ml water bottles were causing, from 2018 onwards we will only be supplying water at four points around the course from water cooler dispensers.
- A fully charged mobile phone should be with you at all times, this applies to ALL races. Charge points are freely available at base camp.
- Please do not arrive at the start without your water container full, we will not be giving out race water supplies until the race has started. There are 3 free spring water taps at base camp that you can use to fill up your CamelBaks and 750ml or 500ml water bottles.
- Ultra distance races, 4 x 24 hour manned aid stations.
- WE DO NOT SUPPLY ELECTROLYTES OR SPORTS DRINKS. Please make sure you bring your own, a product that you have tried and tested.
- 10k and 21k aid stations - Bananas and water. Along with your own electrolytes and gels, this should be all you need to run/walk/crawl 10k and 21k. If not, you are not Cyprus Ultra ready!
- 50k and 105k race food. Day time - Bananas, Lays chips, various cookies and biscuits, whole oranges. Coke will be at 4 x 24 hour aid stations.
- 50k and 105k runners - the nighttime temperatures in May are typically 15C to 18C, make sure you have suitable lightweight wind jackets and running tights to keep you warm. Your body temperature will drop when the sun goes down and can be quite a shock when already fatigued.
This page is always being updated... Also check your race distance page, also Q&A page and ensure that you attend the pre race safety talk for 10k, 21k, 50k and 107k. Talk starts 4 pm Friday May 25th, the talk will also be live streamed on our Twitter channel for anyone that cannot make it.
Still don't have the answers you need? Email us today, we always answer within a few hours 7 days per week.