21 km Half Marathon Trail Race!
- Pre race safety briefing is Friday May 25th 2018, location to be announced soon, also to be broadcast live from 4 pm via our Twitter channel.
- Saturday May 26th, by 8 am you must be at start location of Vasa Kellakiou, community centre football field to check-in at the registration desk. Don't be late, we will not wait.
- 9 am official opening of race and photographs.
- Race starts 10 am.
- 21k race has a 4 hour cut off time.
- Caution: This is a very hilly race across mountain trails with a total elevation gain of approx 700 meters.
- CAUTION EXTREME HEAT RACE: May 26th in the Cyprus sun can have a feels like temperature of around 34C. There is NO SHADE at Cyprus Ultra.
- Recommended Gear.
1) A fully charged mobile phone must be with you at all times during the race.
2) Pacers and support crews ARE NOT allowed on the race route.
3) This is a RUNNING race (although you can walk). Hiking sticks ARE NOT permitted at Cyprus Ultra.
4) Anyone found to need assistance unable to make it to the next 24 hour aid station will be removed from the race and will not be allowed to rejoin - NO EXCEPTIONS.
5) EVERY participant must complete the race waiver and medical forms.
6) Your team, friends, family ARE NOT allowed anywhere on the course but are welcome at the start/finish line.
7) If you want to carry water, you will need to run with a water bottle or CamelBak. After seeing the devastating effects on the environment, we will no longer be using plastic water bottles at Cyprus Ultra Marathon.
8) Cyprus Ultra Marathon is a alcohol free zone. Any runner and support crew seen with alcohol at the main base camp area will lead to disqualification of the runner. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Included in the race entry fee.
- Cyprus Ultra finishers medal (if you finish within cut off)
- Race bib number
- Water dispenser plus bananas, oranges, Coke, Lay's salt & vinegar chips at approx 1.2k, 6k, 12K, 16K and 21K points. We highly recommend you run with a 500ml or 750ml water bottle. PLEASE ARRIVE AT RACE START WITH A FULL WATER BOTTLE OR CAMELBAK, WE WILL NOT BE PROVIDING WATER UNTIL YOU ARE WELL INTO THE RACE.
- Tea and coffee making facilities at basecamp area. Self service.
- Full medical support on site including fully equipped private ambulance, paramedics and first aid nurses. Safety is our number one priority, no race in Cyprus spends more per head on medical support.
Current price €42. Each month the price increases, register today! Online registration closes March 31st.
PLEASE NOTE - If you cannot make the race, we offer NO REFUNDS. We can however transfer your registration to 2019.